St. Elizabeth Seton is Currently Seeking a
Director of Youth Ministry
St. Elizabeth Seton Parish is currently seeking a dynamic, faith-filled and qualified disciple of Jesus Christ to serve full-time as Director of Youth Ministry.
The Director of Youth Ministry will report to the Director of Faith Formation under the guidance and direction of the Pastor/Administrator. The DYM will be responsible for designing, implementing planning, scheduling, coordinating, and conducting discipleship-centered programs for middle school, high school students, as well as young adults within the parish.
The parish envisions a youth ministry with dynamic and relevant programming, yet at the center would be the formation of discipleship communities, founded on relational ministry. A commitment to missionary endeavors, going out into “the peripheries” of community to reach those not currently engaged with the Church is essential.
The DYM will also be responsible to organize, recruit, train, and lead adult volunteers (Core Team) to assist in planning and running of Youth Ministry Programs.
The DYM walks with young people to become active Disciples of Jesus Christ who fully participate in all aspects of parish life. This is accomplished through a process of evangelization that includes pastoral, liturgical and catechetical formation as well as service opportunities. The DYM will also serve as a resource and support to and work in conjunction with other parish ministries, including the parish school.
- Must be an active Catholic, dedicated to the sacramental life of the Church and lives by its moral code.
- Emotionally mature individual, confident in ability to work with youth and adults for fostering the Catholic faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in theology or related feild, with some experience in the field of youth ministry preferred.
- Creative with excellent skills for prioritizing and organizing.
- Skilled in both written and oral communication, including presentations to small and large groups.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and fluent in applications used by our youth.
- The ideal candidate will also be bilingual in English and Spanish
- Able to sit and perform computer work for lengthy periods of time. Frequent use of computer keyboard that requires repetitive hand and wrist movements.
- Frequent walking, standing and sitting.
- Flexible hours with a minimum of 35 hours a week on site, including regular evenings, weekend and occasional overnight stays.
- Ability to lift 45 pounds without assistance.
The DYM receives a benefit package including health insurance, Paid Time Off, 403(b) and paid holidays in addition to base salary according to the policy of the Diocese of Venice
About the Employer:
Saint Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church is a large multicultural Parish with a pre k-8 school located in the Golden Gate subdivision of Naples, Florida.
Please send a cover letter and resume along with three references, one of which must be a priest to Rev. Casey F. Jones firstname.lastname@example.org