Part Time Sacristan 10-15 Hours Weekly
St. Elizabeth Seton Catholic Church in Naples is seeking a Parish Sacristan for Sunday masses, 7:30, 9:00 and 11:00. The Parish Sacristan will assist and support the communal prayer of those coming to St. Elizabeth Church to worship. This includes the setup, preparation and breakdown for Masses and other liturgies. The overall duties are to perform light cleaning, care of liturgical vestments, linens and vessels (cups, bowls, etc.), set up for baptisms, and various seasonal celebrations, and following standard practices and procedures outlined in separate Sacristan Instructions. Parish experience preferred. Must be able to work Sundays, holy days and religious holidays.
- Responsible for opening and closing the Church, prior and after Mass.
- Work in collaboration with Pastor, Faith Formation, Music Director and other Mass Coordinators.
- Set up vestments, linens and vessels, microphones (and batteries) for all masses on events calendar and clean up after Mass.
- Responsible for organizing Ushers both with handling the Parish collection and assisting standing parishioners in finding a seat.
- Wash and iron altar and other parish linens as needed.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of hosts, wine, vestments, candles and other items needed for Mass.
- Clean, polish and maintain sacred vessels and other related items.
- Assure pews of Church are kept in an orderly manner.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary.
To apply please email cover letter and resume to Pastor/Administrator Father Casey Jones