Good Things are Happening… despite COVID-19
From the desk of Fr Casey
With all the stress in our world today I wanted to list, acknowledge, and really appreciated the great things that are happening right here in our parish home:
- The new Food Distribution Ministry started off well, and we have grown our volunteer base since. We have distributed a total 1478 boxes of food to date and have over 70 volunteers. There are another fourteen people that are praying at home during the distribution hours and that is our parish’s unique and ultimate gift to our Golden Gate community.
- We are at the end of Catholic Schools Week now and it has been a great week. We had a successful, smooth, and most importantly, a well-attended open house with many new families registering for next year. It is wonderful to see our school grow.
- The Feast of the Presentation Mass with candle-light procession was a beautiful event and very well attended. This is particularly joyful to me, like the daily Mass, to see people coming back to the parish during the week.
- Saturday, February 6 there were 59 high school students on retreat for their upcoming Confirmation. What a blessing to know that the future of our church is renewed today!
- Speaker and Radio Host Patrick Madrid is coming to our parish! I really encourage you to attend this event or watch it live on our youtube channel. Mr. Madrid is a powerful speaker and this topic is so important: A Catholic Critique of Moral Relativism. His talk will be 7pm on Friday, February 19 in the Church.
- The SouperBowl of Caring has been very fun, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart (and the beginning of my youth) that the Bucs are winning. I am a Floridian by birth and a Bucs fan by the Grace of God.
Most Gratefully Yours,