*Apologies for the typo in the printed bulletin. The December 5th daily Mass is at 8am (the regular time) – not at 9am.
The blessed season of Advent has come upon us!
The blessed season of Advent has come upon us! We are blessed to be reminded to take the time to reflect on our relationship with Jesus and examine what we are doing now and here, in this moment, to welcome Christ into our lives. Jesus Christ is the King of Kings who was, is, and is so to come. As we both look forward to welcome him when he comes in Glory, and prepare to welcome him in our Christmas celebrations, we have many opportunities to come and experience his presence among us and make room for him in our hearts.
Here are some ways we as a parish, can come together to celebrate this advent season:
- Thursday, December 5th: we will have a Penance service at 6:30 with several priests to hear confessions in English and Spanish.
- Monday, December 9: we will begin our Parish Mission at 7:00PM with a bilingual Mass for the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary followed by a presentation from our Mission Speaker Dr. Scott Hefflefinger of the Augustine institute.
- Tuesday, December 10: at 7PM we will continue with our Parish Mission including a time of Praise and Worship with Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
- Thursday, December 12: we celebrate the Solemnity of Our Lady of Guadalupe, patroness of the Americas, with Mañanitas (morning praise) at 5:00 AM. We will have our Bishop with us to celebrate a bilingual Mass at 7:00PM followed by a celebration of dance and a Guadalupe pageant performed by our Faith Formation Children.
- Friday, December 13: at 6:30 PM in our school gym, Our Seton Students will host a Christmas Concert.
- Tuesday, December 17: We again gather for praise and worship with Adoration of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament at 7:00PM with confessions heard at 6:00PM.
- And of course, as always, we celebrate Mass daily at 8:00 AM.
It is my hope that you can join us for all or at least some of these great opportunities to prepare our hearts to meet Christ, Our Savior!